Monday, January 24, 2022

Pigeon Messages: “There is nothing to eat.”

 


 

(c) Crown copyright images reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, Kew, UK

Catalog numbers: ADM199/2475  #309, #313, #314, #315,  #316

 

 

     I apologize for not getting this post done over the weekend as per usual.  A pigeon died on Sunday, January 23.  We saw him in the yard with a broken wing on Tuesday.  He bravely refused help until he walked into the house on Saturday afternoon.

     It brings tears again that because it was the weekend, no vets could see him.

     I named him Walter on Sunday because the pigeon in A Pigeon’s Tale by S.A. Mahan suffered from a broken wing too.  Walter’s grace, dignity, and good humor right until the end overwhelmed me.   I learned a lot from him and if he had lived, I could have learned more.

     In honor of Walter and all brave pigeons who try to deal with their injuries on their own, I donated $1000 to Palomacy, the pigeon and dove rescue group in San Francisco.  If you would like to do something to honor Walter, search pigeonrescue.org and then click on donate.

     Until January 30, I will send the first three people to email their mailing address, phone number and full name a copy of A Pigeon’s Tale.  Please use jspangler8@yahoo.com. 

 


 

 


 

 


 

 


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment